Custom Search

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Strawberries and Cream


Due to an unforeseen oven malfunction I am forced to come up with a dessert for tonight's dinner without having to bake anything. What on earth am I going to come up with that doesn't require me to use my oven? Thankfully I didn't have to rack my brain for too long since there is a simple and easy dessert that requires no baking at all. We have been having strawberries and cream at our get together's for the longest time and they are always delicious and never boring. You are always safe with this dessert, it does not dissapoint and you can vary it in so many ways. You can use peaches instead of strawberry, you can add vanilla icecream... delicious! Normally, I would take this up a notch and make some merengue shells to go with it, that's always good, but since I don't have an oven to work with, I'm going to have to stick to old fashioned strawberries and whipped cream.
For the strawberries you only have to wash and cut in fours and then sprinkle with plenty of sugar so that this sweet syrup forms.
Here is a recipe I found for the whipped cream, honestly, I would use more confectioner's sugar and vanilla than recommended but that's because I like my whipped cream to be sweet, you can adjust to your taste of course this is always the best way to make anything. Remember to have all your utensils cold and not to over whip the cream or it will curdle. Enjoy!!
In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip until stiff:
3 cups heavy whipping cream
4 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
And that's it, you have your strawberries all ready in that sugary syrup and your whipped cream and you're ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online