Thursday, March 19, 2009
The recipe below is for a regular sized 9 inch cheesecake not the mini one I have here on the picture. I usually add the flavors like vanilla, nutmeg and lemon rind to taste, feel free to add lemon juice or anything else you wish, this combines well with everything. I will have to post my Oreo Cheesecake so you can see how good that one is! It uses the same recipe, just add Oreos!! Imagine. As for the topping you will see this one is store bought but any topping is great with this, I also use Dulce de Leche topping that I make or Nutella .... YUM!!
For the crust:
2 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 TB sugar
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 can condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter, press into buttered 9 inch spring form pan to form crust on bottom and sides.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and beat well.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla, nutmeg and lemon rind to taste. Pour filling into crust.
4. Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
For this cheesecake I bought a can of cherry topping and just added whipped cream to the sides. The good thing about cheesecake is that you can top it anyway you like or leave it plain, it's still delicious!