Custom Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

French Toast...Pudding??


On sunday mornings I always like to have something special for breakfast. Not sure why, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. As this sunday morning arrived I was thinking what are we going to have today? There's a french toast recipe that I have always wanted to try, but the batter has to be in the fridge overnight and of course I had done none of that the night before. So, I thought about adjusting a great topping for cinnamon rolls that I have to this breakfast favorite. Came out pretty good, nice and gooey, kind of like a pumped up bread pudding. The original recipe calls for pecans, but since my pantry is a little empty I had to improvise with the nuts I had which were almonds and walnuts. I'm not going to post a french toast recipe because I do mine different all the time, I just add stuff until it looks kind of right and that's what I go with. But here is the topping if you would like to try these baked "french toast".

Combine: 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons light corn syrup. Cook and stir until combined, pour into baking pan and sprinkle with pecans. I love pecans, so I use a lot!

Put your french toast on top of this and if there's any liquid left add that too. Bake at 350 for about 40 min.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Since I love your blog... I've left this award for you. Pick it up here...
    http://socalpastrychef.blogspot.com/2009/01/omg-my-first-award.html

    ... and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!I'm so honored! Thank you so much Socal, I will definitely be passing this along... just need to figure out how :P THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking a peek at my site! Yours is amazing! I am now a follower of yours!
    Shelley, THE CAKE LADY
    www.mynewcakehobby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Shelley! I will be following your site as well!! Tasty Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are eq2 plat looking buy ffxi gil as well as FFXI Gil WOW Power final fantasy gil Leveling lotro gold and World Of eve isk When you aoc gold need lineage 2 adena someone FFXI Gil to Maple Story mesos listen,world of warcraft gold I'll be 2moon dil there.lord of the rings gold When world of warcraft power leveling you world of warcraft power leveling need Guild Wars Gold a hug,final fantasy gil I'll be age of conan gold there.|*|FFXI Gil|*|http://www.ffxigilvip.com|*|gj52g

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online